Endocrinology is the field of hormone-related diseases. Hormones regulate metabolism, respiration, growth, reproduction, sensory perception, and movement. Hormone imbalances are the underlying reason for a wide range of medical conditions. Endocrinology focuses both on the hormones and the many glands and tissues that produce them. The endocrine tissues include the adrenal glands, hypothalamus, ovaries, and testes. Polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common endocrine disorder in women.
Common symptoms of PCOS include:
- Irregular periods or no periods at all.
- Difficulty getting pregnant (because of irregular ovulation or failure to ovulate)
- Excessive hair growth (hirsutism) – usually on the face, chest, back or buttocks.
- Weight gain.
- Thinning hair and hair loss from the head.
- Oily skin or acne.
We treat patients with the most possible ways after assessing your symptoms and the level of risk for your condition. The commonly prescribed medications we give are:
- Birth control pills
- Insulin-sensitizing drugs
- Diet Plans
- Acne Treatment
- Laser Hair Removal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Ovarian Driling
Dr. Shivani is the gynaecologist specialist, who also treats in female endocrinology in the best possible ways. We provide a number of medications to treat different symptoms of PCOS. Dr. Shivani discusses with each patient their possible issues with hot flushes, fatigue, mood swings, decreased sex drive, sexual pain, and other related problems. She uses a variety of therapies including pallets, creams, patches, and pills depending on the individual needs.
If you would like to discuss hormonal imbalance problems with Dr. Shivani, please visit our centre.